Reservations and Ticket Sale
DETAILED INFORMATION ON INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP BOOKINGS
Individual reservation (max. 10 tickets)
1. Reservations can be made by phone (12 424 45 25, 12 424 45 28) or in person at the Ticket Information and Reservation Office from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2. Reserved tickets must be purchased at the theatre's ticket office within the time limit agreed on with the Ticket Information and Reservation Office and paid in cash or by credit card.
3. Reservations which are not paid for within the agreed period of time are automatically cancelled and the tickets are offered for sale again.
4. Please make well-weighed purchases as we do not accept any returns.
5. We do not offer ticket reservations on the day of the performance. It is only possible to buy tickets at the theatre's ticket office or through the BUY A TICKET panel at www.teatrwkrakowie.pl
Group booking (over 10 tickets)
1. The reservation can be made by phone (12 424 45 25, 12 424 45 28) or in person at the Ticket Information and Reservation Office from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2. The reservation must be confirmed in writing:
A group ticket order form (.pdf file) must be printed, filled in, stamped and then faxed on the same day to 12 422 40 22, or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Reserved tickets must be purchased at the Theatre's ticket office within the time agreed on at the time of booking, or paid for by bank transfer to the account specified on the form.
4. The number of seats specified in the form is not final and may be changed at the latest on the day of ticket purchase.
5. Group bookings that have not been paid within the time specified by the Ticket Information and Reservation Office are automatically cancelled and the tickets are offered for sale again.
6. Group tickets paid by bank transfer may be collected at the Theatre's ticket office on the day of the performance, not later than half an hour before its commencement.
On-site ticket sale:
1. Tickets can be purchased at:
- Theatre's ticket office at no. 1 Pl. Św. Ducha (the corner of the building) – open from Monday to Saturday: between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., on Sundays and public holidays: two hours before the performance
- MOS ticket office (ul. Rajska 12) – open 2 hours before the performance.
2. Tickets can be paid for in cash or by credit card at the Theatre's ticket office. The Theatre is not responsible for any disruptions in card payments caused by the system operator.
1. Tickets can purchased online and paid for either by credit card or by bank transfer via the website www.teatrwkrakowie.pl
2. Ticket payments are handled by an online payment intermediary: Centrum Rozliczeniowe Dotpay S.A., ul. Wielicka 72, 30-552 Kraków, tel.: +48 12 688 26 00, fax: +48 12 688 26 99, NIP 634-26-61-860 www.dotpay.pl
3. A maximum of 10 tickets can be purchased online at any one time.
4. The BUY A TICKET panel can only be used for purchasing tickets, booking is not possible.
5. Online tickets can only be paid for via the Dotpay platform. Independent payments made to the Theatre's account without the use of the BUY A TICKET panel shall be returned.
6. The online ticket should be printed, presented on a mobile device or collected at the Theatre's ticket office at a convenient time by providing the buyer's name, surname and the date of the performance.
7. Returns and changes of tickets purchased online are only possible if the performance is cancelled or the repertoire is changed.
8. Should you have any complaints regarding problems while purchasing tickets, please report them through the ODR Online Dispute Resolution platform at www.ec.europa.eu/odr
9. The personal data you provide (name, surname, telephone number) are used exclusively for the purpose of booking tickets and are protected in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 'On Personal Data Protection'.
10. Detailed rules of online sales: See rules >>