A SCRIPT COMPOSED OF SONGS BY FRED BUSCAGLIONE AND WORKS BY CHARLES BUKOWSKI, TRANSLATED BY MICHAŁ KŁOBUKOWSKI
- The Juliusz Słowacki Theatre in Krakow - The Machine House [Miniature] Stage
- Premiere: 23.10.2020
- Flickering lights are used in the performance.
The play is recommended for adult audiences.
Music: songs by Fred Buscaglione
- Mateusz Krystian – keyboard instruments
- Krzysztof Augustyn – bass guitar, double bass
- Bartłomiej Szczepański – percussion
Ameri Cane. Is it an American dog? America gone to the dogs? Or just toying with the name of the character created by Fred Buscaglione – Americano?
Ameri Cane is a musical, jazzy and very personal story about a man. About a middle-aged man with long, curly hair and a white suit. About a man who sings Italian phrases by Fred Buscaglione and – less beautifully – utters words by Charles Bukowski. About a man who describes himself in these words:
„I've scored the district,
drunk the city,
screwed the country,
pissed onto the universe.
There is not much left to do.”
But he sings beautifully.