- Author: Marius von Mayenburg
- Direction: Grzegorz Wiśniewski
- Translation: Karolina Bikont
- Set design and costumes: Mirek Kaczmarek
- Dramaturgy: Jakub Roszkowski
- Music: Adam Milwiw-Baron
- Stage Manager: Iwona Cieślik
- The Juliusz Słowacki Theatre in Krakow - The Grand Stage
- Premiere: 08.12.2016
- The performance was co-produced with the Łaźnia Nowa Theater.
Performance with English subtitles.
Plastic is the Polish premiere of the latest play by Marius von Mayenburg, directed by Grzegorz Wiśniewski, a specialist in creating dense, psychologically complex worlds on stage.
A modern middle-class family: he is a doctor who is somewhat lost in life, she is an unfulfilled artist and a personal assistant of an eccentric and depressed artist, and their son is a teenager undergoing turbulent adolescence. Overwhelmed by their daily chores, they employ a housemaid. Her arrival makes the wobbly but familiar family life suddenly turn upside down.
Plastic is a mirror reflecting our world. An addictive, witty and spectacular mirror. One that we cannot turn away from... and which we are afraid to look at.